1993 Mazda 2.5 ltr. V-6
Intake Manifold/ Cam testing, March 1996
No modifications to engine other than manifolds/cams.
- Std. air filter/box
- Std. cold air inlet to above radiator
- Std. air flow sensor
- Std. exhaust manifolds
- Std. compression ratio
- fabricated 1.75 O.D. exh. downpipes
- fabricated 2.25 O.D. open exh. pipe, exiting to rear of car
- VRIS functioning properly
- AO6 computer
Dynamometer tuning results.
Peak torque Peak horsepower
- 175.4 @ 4700 170.2 @ 6400
- 173.5 @ 5000 180.8 @ 6000
- 177.1 @ 4700 179.6 @ 6300
- 173.3 @ 5000 184.9 @ 6900
- 174.5 @ 5400 190.8 @ 6800
- 170.9 @ 5700 203.7 @ 7200
- North American intake manifold/ North American cams
- Japanese intake manifold/ North American cams
- North American intake manifold/ Japanese cams
- Japanese intake manifold/ Japanese cams
- North American intake manifold/ Interprep 280/9.4 cams
- Japanese intake manifold/ Interprep 280/9.4 cams
V6 Engine Build Images
|Click on images for enlargement
View of ported intake runners.
Mandrel in place for valve grinding.
Note perfect port finish on walls.
Organized assembly process.
Good view of backside of intakes.
Ready for lifters and cams.
The "talk" stops here. Dyno tuning.
The results = '99 Motorola Cup Champions.